Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My Hanjie Process XXI

If you have visited my Mental Exercise blog, you are probably aware of the fact that I have been making hanjie/nongram/griddler/crosspic/piccross/edel/Japanese puzzles for years. I have decided to show my process from start to finish on how I actually put these together including development of the image, preparing the numbers, testing, and conversion to PDF.


We are back to the rows. I have developed another spreadsheet. This one can be found at: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2E6EFB80915ED5BD!11496&authkey=!ANZmetuXTVz8gJs&ithint=file%2cxlsx

The first row includes a seven that can't fit in the right two groups of cells. These cells can be marked as unshaded. Similarly, the last four rows have sequences at the end that can also be marked as unshaded because they can't fit the required end sequences. Additionally, those same final four rows can have their shaded sequences extended to the left since the unshaded cells cut off how far right they can reach. An updated copy of the puzzle has been copied below.

We will go back to columns next time.

Previous: My Hanjie Process XX
Next: My Hanjie Process XXII

No comments:

Post a Comment