Sunday, April 23, 2017

My Hanjie Process XXXIV

If you have visited my Mental Exercise blog, you are probably aware of the fact that I have been making hanjie/nongram/griddler/crosspic/piccross/edel/Japanese puzzles for years. I have decided to show my process from start to finish on how I actually put these together including development of the image, preparing the numbers, testing, and conversion to PDF.


Once again, we are working on solving the puzzle. I have a spreadsheet available at: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ar3VXpGA-24u7C3scazWmv21nHRN

Since we are testing a puzzle that we developed ourselves, we know the solution. When making guesses for solving, it's generally best to intentionally pick wrong. That's why we are going to look at the bottom 5 in the first unsolved column.
We are going to go between rows and columns the way we normally have.
We eventually narrow down the bottom row to a single cell. A 2 can't fit, so we know that the initial choice was impossible.
We already established that the 5 would be in either the top 5 or bottom 5. Since it's not the bottom 5, it must be the top 5. This should get us unstuck for next time, and we will get back to alternating between rows and columns.

Previous: My Hanjie Process XXXIII
Next: My Hanjie Process XXXV

No comments:

Post a Comment