Friday, April 21, 2017

Going viral

People seem to love talking about Internet content that has gone viral. I have decided to provide my takes on this viral discussion. Since a large majority of content in question is video, I will primarily focus on viral video.


I don't flock to viral video the way that most people do. I have watched at least one, the double rainbow, to better understand a reference to it. I have seen several viral videos on the news, such as the Chewbacca mask. All of these videos seem to have something in common. They are awful and not worth watching.

I generally don't watch viral videos. I have better things to do with my time than to bore myself. Due to the popularity of a lot of these videos, I am frequently out of the loop. That doesn't matter much to me because being in the loop would require me to allow others to take too much control over my life.

Perhaps things will improve in the future. Maybe insightful video will eventually become more popular than sharing video that is just plain awful. Even if we can get to that point, I really hope that we don't continue to demand that everybody must watch the same things. I hate over-conformity.

No comments:

Post a Comment