Friday, July 29, 2016

My Hanjie Process XXIV

If you have visited my Mental Exercise blog, you are probably aware of the fact that I have been making hanjie/nongram/griddler/crosspic/piccross/edel/Japanese puzzles for years. I have decided to show my process from start to finish on how I actually put these together including development of the image, preparing the numbers, testing, and conversion to PDF.


We are going back to the columns. This spreadsheet can be found at: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ar3VXpGA-24u3CQ-XND6v1v1WNkG

I'm not going to go into too much detail here since most of these should make sense right now. I wanted to point out a possible oversight in the 39th and 40th columns. The 2's, which are the final values, can't go in the final unmarked spots since there aren't cell next to them that could be shaded. Because of this, we can look at the previous marked cells. Since a two can no longer go under them and they each have only one spot adjacent, we now know where the 2's go. The updated puzzle (with changes in red) can be seen below.


After this, we will go back to the rows.

Previous: My Hanjie Process XXIII
Next: My Hanjie Process XXV

No comments:

Post a Comment