Wednesday, June 29, 2016

My Hanjie Process XXIII

If you have visited my Mental Exercise blog, you are probably aware of the fact that I have been making hanjie/nongram/griddler/crosspic/piccross/edel/Japanese puzzles for years. I have decided to show my process from start to finish on how I actually put these together including development of the image, preparing the numbers, testing, and conversion to PDF.


We are back to the rows. My latest spreadsheet can be found at: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ar3VXpGA-24u2z_EbG7Do7EMRgo5

We have the entire segment of 14 shaded for row 9. We can mark the adjacent cells as unshaded. We also know the 1 goes to the right, so we can shade that cell. On row 10, the two shaded cells to the left of the unshaded cells can only be part of the 3. We can mark the cell to the left as shaded and the cell one more to the left as unshaded to complete the 3. Rows 12, 14, and 15 have unshaded cells right next to their large segments. This should lock up their locations, so we can add the shaded cells followed by unshaded cells. I have copied an updated version of the puzzle below from worksheet 43.


You can probably guess what's next. We will go back to the columns.

Previous: My Hanjie Process XXII
Next: My Hanjie Process XXIV

No comments:

Post a Comment