Monday, August 29, 2016

My Hanjie Process XXV

If you have visited my Mental Exercise blog, you are probably aware of the fact that I have been making hanjie/nongram/griddler/crosspic/piccross/edel/Japanese puzzles for years. I have decided to show my process from start to finish on how I actually put these together including development of the image, preparing the numbers, testing, and conversion to PDF.


As usual, I have created a spreadsheet. This one can be found at: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ar3VXpGA-24u3TGw02YjGXJ5vPIy

Things should seem more straightforward by now. Instead of explaining the updates to the rows, I will just show an image extracted from worksheet 47 in the spreadsheet. This includes red versions of cells that have been established as shaded an unshaded while I looked through the rows. Note that we now have enough information to find part of the 7 in the first row. It has also occured to me that I might have previously missed part of the 8 on row 8 that has a similar situation, although we don't know whether or not a shaded cell in that area belongs to it.

Because I simplified so much, I might as well add the updates for my next run through the columns. The next (second) image was copied from worksheet 48. This time, I wanted to point out that final column. We know where the 2 is, so the other shaded cell has to be one of the two 1's. We can mark the above cell as unshaded, but do not mark either 1 as complete because we don't know which 1 it is.

I hope that's enough for now. I will (not surprisingly) continue solving in my next post.

Previous: My Hanjie Process XXIV
Next: My Hanjie Process XXVI

No comments:

Post a Comment