Monday, July 25, 2016

Mental Rights

Like I have already stated, I have decided to break up my list of human rights into two broad categories. I have already brought up physical rights, so now I am going to provide a quick summary of mental rights.


We should all have a right to develop and maintain our own beliefs, thoughts, and opinions. More importantly, we should have rights related to mental health.

Mental rights can be sub-divided in so many ways. You should never force beliefs on society in general. It's wrong to try to take control over what is in people's heads. This includes thoughts and emotions. People should feel free to pursue their desires as long as they don't interfere with the rights of others. They should feel like they can live their own lives without intrusion.

I can easily summarize what mental rights are about. We should have a right to general freedom. I will further explain more specific rights, but it will take some time. There are far more fundamental mental rights than physical rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment