Thursday, June 30, 2016

Vacation 2016 - Colorado Springs Area

We stopped at three locations near Colorado Springs. The first was the Garden of the Gods. The primary focus of this area is the rock formations. If you know me, you shouldn’t be surprised that I counted birds while there. This was my only checklist for the day. We actually made a second stop within the park. This was at the Balanced Rock.


Our second stop took us to the town of Manitou Springs. We visited their arcades and had some ice cream. Do to the nature of this stop, I didn’t take very many pictures.

Our final stop was the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Since I frequently base my pictures off of subjects, I'm sure a significant number of pictures will make my collection from the zoo. Keep in mind that I won't have everything. Some animals were in camera-unfriendly enclosures, and others were just uncooperative.

This was probably also our best day for weather. Yes, I had to make some adjustments to keep my camera dry, but it felt so good to have a nice shower with cool temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment