Friday, February 5, 2016

My Hanjie Process XVIII

If you have visited my Mental Exercise blog, you are probably aware of the fact that I have been making hanjie/nongram/griddler/crosspic/piccross/edel/Japanese puzzles for years. I have decided to show my process from start to finish on how I actually put these together including development of the image, preparing the numbers, testing, and conversion to PDF.


I'm going to take a little more time (but not a whole lot) explaining how to update the 10th row of this puzzle. Like always, I have a spreadsheet uploaded. This one can be found at: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2E6EFB80915ED5BD!10114&authkey=!AL5yWCM_Qs4CCEI&ithint=file%2cxlsx

The 10th row can be found below.


We are going to start with the 17. We have 16 shaded cells to the right of a cell marked as unshaded. There is no space for 17 more to the right of this segment, and the 16 shaded cells can't be a part of the 1 or 3. This means that we know 16 of the 17 cells that will be shaded for this segment. We will eventually add a single cell either to the left or to the right. Since that's precisely how many cells available to either side, there is nothing we can do with this value right now.

What about the two other shaded cells? It's disconnected from the 17, and it's too large to be a 1. These have to be a part of the 3.While we don't know if the third cell is to the left or the right, we know that there can't be any shaded cells between the 3 and the 17. We can count over 1 more to the right then shade the cells further to the right up until we reach the cell already marked as unshaded. The spreadsheet has been updated in sheet 32

There are still a couple of rows that we can work on, but I'm going to wait until next time.

Previous: My Hanjie Process XVII
Next: My Hanjie Process XIX

No comments:

Post a Comment