Thursday, January 21, 2016

My Hanjie Process XVII

If you have visited my Mental Exercise blog, you are probably aware of the fact that I have been making hanjie/nongram/griddler/crosspic/piccross/edel/Japanese puzzles for years. I have decided to show my process from start to finish on how I actually put these together including development of the image, preparing the numbers, testing, and conversion to PDF.


In my last post, I showed how the unshaded cells can be used to determine more shaded cells when we know which sequence is on one side. We are going to continue this pattern and throw in one more component that you should already be able to figure out.

My latest spreadsheet can be found at: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2E6EFB80915ED5BD!9357&authkey=!AN40IwfbK92rGdA&ithint=file%2cxlsx
In worksheet 29, I have highlighted our new shaded cells red.


I have gone ahead and shaded those cells, but I also wanted to make sure that you recognize something in the top row that we are updating. We know that we are working with a 13, and we have ten cells shaded. We can only add three more, but there are four cells to the right. The furthest right cell will have to be unshaded. I have updated the puzzle to reflect what we know.

I think that's enough for today, but we are not done with the rows that we just updated. There is more that we can do with the 1, 3, 17 row. I will save that for next time.

Previous: My Hanjie Process XVI
Next: My Hanjie Process XVIII

No comments:

Post a Comment