Monday, March 7, 2016

My Hanjie Process XIX

If you have visited my Mental Exercise blog, you are probably aware of the fact that I have been making hanjie/nongram/griddler/crosspic/piccross/edel/Japanese puzzles for years. I have decided to show my process from start to finish on how I actually put these together including development of the image, preparing the numbers, testing, and conversion to PDF.


Like usual, I have created another spreadsheet this one can be found at: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2E6EFB80915ED5BD!10877&authkey=!ADa0DD6ySOIozJo&ithint=file%2cxlsx
The work that I have remaining on rows right now should be pretty simple if you have gotten a feel for things. We want to look at the 11th and 14th rows. These rows have been emphasized with a red border in the worksheet 33 of the spreadsheet.

The 11th row has a shaded sequence that we know has to be the 25. The furthest right that 25 can go would leave the cell to the furthest right unshaded. Since nothing will go to the right of the 25, we can mark that one.

The 14th row has two shaded sequences. They both have to be a part of the 23, so the cells between them need to be shaded. I have made these changes and given them a red shade (dark and light to better match the final changes) to help you see them.
That's pretty much everything we can do with the rows for now. We will go back to the columns in my next post.

Previous: My Hanjie Process XVIII
Next: My Hanjie Process XX

No comments:

Post a Comment