Friday, August 7, 2015

My Hanjie Process XI

If you have visited my Mental Exercise blog, you are probably aware of the fact that I have been making hanjie/nongram/griddler/crosspic/piccross/edel/Japanese puzzles for years. I have decided to show my process from start to finish on how I actually put these together including development of the image, preparing the numbers, testing, and conversion to PDF.

Last time, I showed how you can look for an overlap between the furthest left and the furthest right a large number can be shaded to partially solve a row. Now, I will talk about columns.

Rows and columns work the same way. This means that you can shade cells by looking for the same kind of overlaps in possibilities for large numbers. I have simplified this in the Excel file at: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2E6EFB80915ED5BD!9177&authkey=!AEy8Uk207dBNXa4&ithint=file%2cxlsx

Sheet 15 contains what we already had. Sheet 16 adds new shaded cells based off of the overlaps. A red outline has been added to the cells that this overlap has provided us.
I have removed the borders and have the shading updated in sheet 17.
Previous: My Hanjie Process X
Next: My Hanjie Process XII

No comments:

Post a Comment