Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My Hanjie Process X

If you have visited my Mental Exercise blog, you are probably aware of the fact that I have been making hanjie/nongram/griddler/crosspic/piccross/edel/Japanese puzzles for years. I have decided to show my process from start to finish on how I actually put these together including development of the image, preparing the numbers, testing, and conversion to PDF.


After the last post, we have our first shaded cells. Like usual, I have created a spreadsheet that includes the last phase. This can be found in worksheet 13 in the spreadsheet that can be found at:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2e6efb80915ed5bd!8558&authkey=!AAlF-BRyQMG_ldE&ithint=file%2cxlsx

The entire bottom half of the puzzle can have some of the same cells shaded by looking for a similar overlap. I have shown the overlap areas in a modified version of the puzzle grid (worksheet 14). For each of the rows on the bottom half of the puzzle, I have created a red border around the furthest left the shaded cells can go and the furthest right the larger range can go. A patterned fill has been added to the areas of the overlap.

I shaded the overlap on the main puzzle grid (worksheet 15). Instead of looking at those double lines, the puzzle now looks like the image below.
Now that we have some of the shaded cells given to us by the rows, we can take a break from those values. Next time, we will look at some of the columns.

Previous: My Hanjie Process IX
Next: My Hanjie Process XI

No comments:

Post a Comment