Saturday, January 1, 2022

Yearly Blog Update 2022

It's that time of year again. I need to reevaluate my online presence and look for changes that I intend to make. This year is likely to be bigger than usual. Most changes will be behind the scenes, but some will definitely show on my blogs.

As I have mentioned before, I live a deceptively stressful lifestyle. We are living in an intolerant society, and I have had to live the bulk of my life as someone I hate purely for the sake of survival. We have addressed the COVID-19 pandemic by assaulting mental health. Although I was already worried about what I need to do before I die, our mishandling of the pandemic has convinced me that I need to push harder.

The big change that I am making is to embrace a rotation of three writing projects. I will be documenting my thoughts, documenting my ideas, and documenting my life. That last one will not have an impact on my online presence.

Random Rants and Ramblings
My general approach to posting has been to post every three days. I will be changing this schedule. Moving forward, frequency of posts will be based more on the number of posts I have ready. I'm not going to detail the new schedule, and there will likely be some fluctuations.

My Idea Outlet is changing forms again. I want to get my ideas to a better end point. The continuous minor updates are not ideal for this. Instead, I have started pushing harder to document the most important ideas for one project at a time. I can still look for ways to further develop my ideas, but expanding documentation should wait until I take another pass at a project.

This new approach is not nearly as web friendly. Once I reach an end point for a project, I intend to find a way to make it available. As for my blog, updates will no longer be posted.

The War Between Schooling and Education
Like before, my posting schedule reflects posts for either of my blogs on Blogger. This means that my scheduling change for my personal blog will also be reflected on my educational blog

I have also been in contact with Pseudo Teacher. It let me know that it wanted to take a break from posts in its myths series. This could shift more posts to my own.

Twitter
There's a lot of toxic stupidity on Twitter. For now, I intend to maintain my presence. There's only so much stupidity that I can handle, so I want to keep things open for a sudden change if I'm pushed beyond my limits.

Tumblr
Looking at my priorities right now, it's hard for me to dedicate time to Tumblr. I will be pausing my presence on that platform.

Flickr
There are no changes that I'm currently considering for my Flickr account.

eBird
There are no changes that I'm currently considering for my eBird account.

Nature Log
There are no changes that I'm currently considering for my Nature Log.

No comments:

Post a Comment