Saturday, June 25, 2016

Physical Rights

Since I started looking at what kinds of rights we should expect, I decided to make a slight change to my approach. I now intend to work on an outline. This will allow me to gradually add more details to my ideas of what should be classified as fundamental human rights.


I will start with a broad division of these rights. Most can be classified as either physical or mental. I'm going to start with the simpler side of these rights and provide a quick explanation of physical rights.

Physical rights relate primarily to health. Although I do not believe that we can promise to do absolutely everything possible to maximize the health of everyone, I do support basic protections against physical harm. Most of my focus within this segment will focus on the rights to avoid such harm.

Not all physical rights relate directly to health. Other types of physical rights can relate to such things as torture, holding people who have done no wrong against their will, and slavery. As I continue this series of posts, I will explore these rights and more in slightly greater detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment