Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Hanjie Process XIII

If you have visited my Mental Exercise blog, you are probably aware of the fact that I have been making hanjie/nongram/griddler/crosspic/piccross/edel/Japanese puzzles for years. I have decided to show my process from start to finish on how I actually put these together including development of the image, preparing the numbers, testing, and conversion to PDF.


Last time, I showed how to find some cells that can't be shaded in the puzzle. In this post, I will continue the process. I'm going to start by showing how the shaded cells can reach for all of the columns that contain shaded cells. I have added a red border to show these topmost locations. This can be found in worksheet 20 of my latest spreadsheet, which can be found at: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2E6EFB80915ED5BD!9209&authkey=!AHUzSfHLm3zUIBE&ithint=file%2cxlsx

You can see column 17, which is where we worked last time. You can also see that the two previous columns can reach the top, that's why I started with column 17 instead of column 15 or 16.

You can also see that columns 18 through 26 have similar characteristics as column 17, and we can mark more cells as unshaded. I'm going to leave column 26 (the second column with a 12) without any additional markings for now because I want to provide more information on that one in a later post.

I have changed the cells above the topmost positions to white (except column 26). This has been included as worksheet 21 in my spreadsheet.

Column 26 is not the only column I want to single out. My next post will actually focus on column 22. This is the column where the white extends all the way to the black.

Previous: My Hanjie Process XII
Next: My Hanjie Process XIV

No comments:

Post a Comment