Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Vacation 2015 - Arriving in Kentucky

We have arrived at our cabin in Kentucky. Again, the bulk of our day was dedicated to relocating and settling. We had one hike during the day. This was at Rock Bridge. The birds were a bit of a letdown. Outside of an unseen Crow identified by voice, I really couldn't identify anything. Other than birds, we found some Gray Squirrels. There was a waterfall along the trail. It appeared to be low flow at the moment.

I'm sorry for last night’s pathetic entry. I got up around 2:00am, which was two and a half hours earlier than usual. Surprisingly, I struggled to sleep in this morning. I got up around 3:30 Pacific Time. I think part of my problem is that I saw it get dark last night and could tell it was getting light early. It didn't feel like 3:30 to me. That means I will probably have to apologize for this post as well. At least I feel a little less drained today.

One of the reasons that I'm bringing up yesterday is because I forgot something noteworthy. An EF-1 tornado was reported roughly where we drove, and we didn't see it :(

UPDATE 1: I have added pictures from the Red River Gorge to Flickr and my photo blog.

UPDATE 2: I have added pictures from the cabin to Flickr and my photo blog.

UPDATE 3: I have added pictures from the road to Flickr and my photo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment