Friday, March 29, 2013

Mind-control medicine

There’s a conspiracy theory that cold medicine (or flu shot or some other variant) contains a mind-controlling drug. That’s ridiculous, but there might actually be a component of truth to this particular conspiracy theory.

My concern is that we are becoming over-medicated. We seem to be looking too hard for flaws to correct. As a result, we are finding flaws with simple personal traits. If we are different, we have to be corrected. Medicine is an approach that we can take to make these correction.

I am skeptical of Attention Deficit Disorder. The primary cause of boredom in school is mentally active children being forced to suppress thought. In these cases, we label the children and give them drugs.

Desire for mental activity is not a disability, and it is certainly not something that we should be correcting. I don’t have ADD, but I have my own quirks. Although I am not on medication, I’m sure my teachers would have loved to correct who I am through medicine.

This is the direction that we are headed. We are trying to correct individuality. Mind-control medicine is a complete work of fiction, but we are now turning to personality-control medicine. We certainly haven’t reached the point of eliminating individuality, but we have started down that road. You might like that idea. I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment