Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Great Backyard Bird Count

It’s that time of year again. It’s time to count the birds.

From Friday, February 15 through Monday, February 18, we have been asked to spend at least 15 minutes a day to head outside and count the birds. I participated last year, and I will be participating again this year. If you are reading this (and you didn’t find it after the count has ended), I hope that you will join the count. More information can be found at http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/.

For me, this is an easy assignment. I already take frequent walks at a local park, Chambers Creek Properties. I already write down what I see. The only difference is that I will be writing down numbers with my notes. You can do the same. While it’s acceptable to count birds through your window, it’s also acceptable to use the count as an excuse to visit your neighborhood park.

Last year, I posted my checklists to my blog. There is a change in the checklist this year. I am not going to commit to posting yet, but I am currently planning on linking to checklists through Google+.

Just remember: Get outside this weekend and contribute to this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment