Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Why Maritimeorca?

I frequently use Maritimeorca as an account name. I thought that maybe I should explain.

It started with a desire to come up with something fairly unique that I could reuse. I decided that I would try to find a couple of unrelated words and join them. I grew up on the Gig Harbor peninsula. Gig Harbor is known as the Maritime City. I am also a Canucks fan. The Canucks use orcas extensively (actually, it was more significant when I came up with the user name), including their logo. Maritime + Orca = Maritimeorca.
Okay, maybe these words aren’t exactly unrelated. Since they are not generally combined, I still felt that it would work. I have yet to find a website that won’t allow me to go by Maritimeorca.

I wonder if the use of Maritimeorca can confuse people who view my pictures on Flickr. People might think that I am focused on maritime images, particularly orcas. Nope. My Flickr account name has nothing to do with my subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment