Thursday, August 23, 2012

Document what I see

When I came back to Washington, I came up with a goal. I wanted to photographically document what I have seen.

I have expanded, but my original purpose remains. If I see something, there is a good chance that I will take a picture. In many cases, this means getting any picture rather than getting a good picture.

I’m no longer just getting shots of specific subjects. For example, instead of shooting Ospreys, I am now trying to shoot a nest at Chambers Creek Properties each year and use nest pictures, ospreys standing, flying, flying with fish, flying with sticks, the young after they hatched, the young flying, ospreys of another nest, a bunch of other opportunities, and variants.

My pictures have improved, but my original purpose is still intact. Last year, I joined Flickr, and I have been making my collection available to others. I frequently add subjects (animals) that are uncooperative and in less than ideal conditions. Also considering possible mistakes on my part, there is a very real possibility that I will post some pictures that are absolutely hideous. The reason for this is that I saw something, got a shot, but didn’t get a good shot. Hopefully, people don’t mind wading through garbage to find my best pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment