Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Firepole

Firepoles aren’t that unique, so I probably don’t have to explain much. Children head up to the top of the pole, grab it, and slide down.

Firepole
This component is relatively unobstructed since it is on the outside. Sure, parents might have to look through rails when their children head to the top, but the opening and slide down should be easy to view. There are also good angles to watch them climb to the top regardless of whether they use the steps, the vertical ladder, or the climbing wall.

On the sub-amateur photography front, I really struggled with the lighting on this one. I believe that this was the first component where I felt like I had to use HDR software for the sake of salvaging my shots. Parents, don’t worry too much. My pictures are taken around sunrise. Odds are, you will not encounter the same light.
Firepole
Safety shouldn’t be too much of a concern. I wouldn’t recommend letting children try to climb up the firepole even though I don’t think that would cause too much safety risks unless another child is coming down. I think the biggest potential concern would be a child rushing and either missing the pole or stepping off the playground too early (before grabbing the pole).
FirepoleFirepoleFirepole

No comments:

Post a Comment