Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 3 - Morning

We are now on Alaska time, so my log will be an hour off until I return to Pacific time. We headed to our precious deck 7. Birding was a bit of a letdown for us since we saw so much yesterday evening (although we didn't do well in terms of recognizing those birds). For today, I can comfortably say that we saw Pelagic Cormorants (the easiest Cormorants to identify from a distance while in breeding plumage) as well as Gulls. This definitely did not keep us from enjoying marine life. We saw at least two different species of cetaceans. I have guesses as to the species, but I will conveniently omit them from this log entry. After all, with my low level of expertise regarding cetaceans, I don't want to humiliate myself by finding that my guesses are way off.

No comments:

Post a Comment