Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 2 - Night

I wanted to get one more walk outside today. For starters, I wanted to check out possibilities for sunset pictures. I ran into two problems. The first was that there really wasn't a good shot available. A shot over just water would be far from compelling. I also didn't see much potential in shots featuring the ship. The other problem was the wind. It would be nearly impossible to keep the camera steady enough towards sunset. I actually had another reason for heading outside. I wanted another opportunity to find wildlife. The same wind that discouraged me from shooting the sunset made it nearly impossible to keep objects in focus with a 500mm lens. I can definitely say that there were a lot more birds on the water than before. I can also say that we know that some of them were Auklets.

No comments:

Post a Comment