Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 2 - Evening

Some of us watched the comedy-magic act of Jeff Hobson. I don't normally go to shows like this, but the price was right for me (free). I would say that he is more comedian than magician. I felt that the comedy was there. He did well enough working with the crowd, adjusting for the unpredictable (the seven year old wearing a lot of pink whose favorite color was rainbow, just to reveal that he had a pink balloon ready to go). The actual magic was far from the impressive feats seen on television, with some being variants of tricks that are a little too common. The worst part was a shameless plug for DVDs that he was selling on the ship. While some people might struggle with his flaming nature (in this case, I'm being figurative), I'm glad I went. It might not have been perfect, but he was definitely entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment