Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lid Down

How many jokes can women come up with for how men can’t be trained to put the seat down? What if women struggled with similar tasks? Could they still complain about a little forgetfulness?

Our family used to have a dog. At one point during our dog years, we used the cleaning chemicals that turn the water blue. I did not want our dog drinking chemicals, so I created a rule. When done with the toilet, the lid for the toilet must be shut.

How did it go? There were four of us. I’m male. I had no problems. The same can be said for my brother. How about the females? It took my sister forever to get in the habit, and my mother never figured it out. Apparently, males are easier to train than females for this seemingly simple task.

The mechanics of putting down a toilet seat and putting down a lid are very similar. Females might enjoy poking fun of males for not putting the seat down, but they are even worse when faced with a similar task. As far as I’m concerned, they have no right to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment