Thursday, September 29, 2011

Playground by the Sound

The Playground by the Sound is open, and I finally got a decent look at what was built. From the trail system, you can see a couple towers (I think those are actually the tree houses). It looks nice from the south, but how about the North? That’s where the entrance to the playground is located. Aesthetically, the view from the North isn’t nearly as good as from the south. However, the actual components look like they would be a lot of fun for children. I think that I might have actually underestimated how fun this playground would be. Overall, I am definitely impressed by the Playground by the Sound.

I am going to try to take some pictures of the playground and post them online. Perhaps I should also add some of my thoughts regarding individual components here on my blog. I would love to shoot these components in use, but I’m not about to skulk around the playground taking pictures of other people’s children. Maybe I can work with someone at some point in the future (although I am not experienced in taking pictures of humans) to get the in-use shots. Fortunately, I feel that I can beat children to the playground and get some shots (minus the action).

I can imagine myself at a playground like this. Unfortunately, the two playgrounds are for children aged 2-12 (Tot Lot is 2-5 and School Aged Area is for 5-12). I think that I weight more than a typical twelve year old, so it’s probably best that I don’t experience the play area first hand. It’s just too bad that they don’t have a bigger kid playground attached for kids 12-112. Maybe they can expand in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment