Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Am I pro-Trump?

Periodically, I will look at some of the things that I have previously written. What are some of my subjects? The media is treating Trump unfairly. The Democrats are becoming dangerous to the American public. Some people might see these and overlook some of my other comments, including my concerns that Trump is too much like Obama.



This country seems to embrace a rigid us versus them mentality. We are expected to pick a political party, even if we're independent, and conform to their side. This means that my criticisms of the media and the Democrats could be considered indicative of support for Trump and the Republicans.

I refuse to let anyone dictate my beliefs and opinions. That makes me an outlier in this country. I will not allow either party to control my political beliefs. As much as people don't want to hear this, the Democrats and Republicans are more the same than they are different. This is especially obvious with political tactics and demands of conformity. In other words, I dislike the Republicans for many of the same reasons that I dislike the Democrats. I personal struggle to understand how anyone can love one party and hate the other.

I have been reluctant to develop a solid opinion on Trump, although I have a negative leaning. Because of the media, I don't think I have enough reliable information to judge. The media hating Trump certainly doesn't prove that he's a good guy. It also doesn't prove that he's a bad guy. I have definitely seen signs of sexism, and I really don't care for his Obama-like traits and behaviors.

The part that people seem to struggle to understand is that saying something against one party is not the same thing as taking sides. Although I admittedly lean towards conservatives, I am not a follower of the Republican party. Catching dishonesty in the media is not the same as trusting Trump. Similarly, finding serious problems with the Green New Deal is not the same as denying climate change. Not wanting the Democrats to remove their opposition from the ballot is not the same as asking people to vote for Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment