Saturday, May 27, 2017

Right to Drive

I have explained a number of things that I consider to be fundamental human rights. Now, I want to explain a few things that I do no consider to be fundamental human rights. Keep in mind that these are not necessarily things that I'm against.


I am going to start with the right to drive. One of the reasons that I do not consider driving to be a fundamental right is because it is not a natural process. We survived a long time without cars. Their invention didn't magically make them vital to everybody.

Cars have value, but there need to be limitations. If we viewed driving as a fundamental human right, then we would not be able to deprive individuals of the opportunity. Considering misuse of cars can be lethal, it makes no sense for the government to protect the action as a right.

No comments:

Post a Comment