Monday, March 27, 2017

I hate memes

Am I the only one who is sick of memes? Whenever I go to websites that embrace images in their commenting, I get visually assaulted by gigantic billboards that consistently fail to contribute to a discussion. I'm sorry, but you do not prove your wit when you post someone else's quote on an image that you found online.


It gets even worse when you look at how some quotes from your favorite movies lose their meaning for anyone who lacks context. Most memes rely on the flawed belief that everybody likes the same things as the person posting. A significant amount of memes are inspired by modern movies and television, even though a vast majority of Hollywood's current ideas for entertainment are completely unwatchable. Because of this, most memes are nonsensical to individuals. It's a conformist-only club.

It is true that there are still far too many people who think that repeating others makes them clever, but there is some good news. In recent months, I have been seeing less of this obnoxious trend. It seems that some people are actually starting to ease up. I would like to take this time to thank those who are finally coming to their senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment