Monday, February 13, 2017

Human Rights Summary

I was previously working on a series of post to explore what I consider to be fundamental human rights. I wasn't doing a very good job explaining the rights, but I still wanted to create a list. That list is included below.


Physical Rights
Life
General Health
Physical Needs
Food
Water
Shelter
Possessions
Not be held against your will
Free from control
Free from torture
Mental Rights
Thought
Individuality
Emotions
Happiness
Anger
Sadness
Sense of freedom
Education/Learning
Privacy
Speech
Be heard
Responsibility
Silence/Hiding - Similar to privacy
Transportation
Information
Respect - variable based on earned respect
Beliefs
Religion
Opinions
Curiosity
Hope
Indifference
Your own personality
Personal Strengths
Control over your own life
Personal protest

I was going to follow this up with some explanations of what should not be considered fundamental rights, but it has occurred to me that a few of these items still need to be explained. This includes some things that have fairly significant limitations. I will still explain what I feel does not qualify. Keep in mind that there are some things that are certainly beneficial that should not be classified as fundamental human rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment