Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Each day really is worse than the last

There was an episode of The Simpsons that had Homer read his horoscope. "Today will be a day like every other day." Homer responds by saying, "D'oh! it just gets worse and worse." I have been known to use this quote to refer to my own life.


I have insisted for years that I live a deceptively stressful lifestyle. I feel like I have to hide who I really am out of fear for my survival. Every day of my life when I don't find  way to turn things away, stress builds. While I have pursued healthy outlets to show the real me (this blog for example), stress continues to build faster than it is relieved.

I'm not trying to paint a bleak picture. I haven't given up all hope. I just love how this seemingly absurd quote actually makes a lot of sense when you look at it from the perspective of stress buildup.

No comments:

Post a Comment