Friday, March 25, 2016

Democrats and drugs

In case you somehow missed it, I have been critical of the democrats for their instance that trans fats need to be banned while drug abuse, I mean recreational use, should be legalized. Why are drugs so important to the party that wants to control our everyday lives? I'm going to throw out some ideas.


Perhaps they are trying to distract us from their mistakes. This country is falling apart. The democrats have been the more aggressive party in promoting change. Unfortunately, they are into quick fixes without first trying to understand the problems. Ultimately, they reinvest in what's wrong in hopes that money will fix everything.

When democrats get their way, quality of life always seems to take a hit. So what do the democrats want now? To impair the public by supporting drug abuse, I mean recreational use. Personally, I would prefer that they admit to their mistakes and correct our problems.

Another possibility for their support of drug abuse, I mean recreational use, is to help them win elections. This is the same party that has fought to restore the voting rights of felons because felons are more likely to vote democrat. They have also fought to grant citizenship to illegal aliens, I mean undocumented citizens, as a reward for breaking federal law. Why? They are also likely to vote democrat.

Maybe this trend has been expanded to drug abuse, I mean recreational use. The democrats might feel that impaired voters are more likely to give them votes.

I should probably clarify something. I have not taken a long-term stance on the legality of drug abuse, I mean recreational use. While I am aware of the major pros and cons, I feel that it's a bad message to legalize drugs before we legalize true education. Until that day comes, my shorter term opposition will remain intact.

I have not completely ruled out the eventual legalization of drugs, but I do not support drug abuse. I am not completely sold on the idea that the government should be responsible for keeping individuals clean. The democrats are different. They seem more interested in pleasing drug users than getting the government out of personal lives. They don't even want to discourage this behavior. In fact, they had to create a politically correct term to put a positive spin on drug abuse, I mean recreational use.

No comments:

Post a Comment