Thursday, May 28, 2015

Vacation 2015 - More Red River Gorge

We made a few more stops today. Our first was Sky Bridge. The rocks over the bridge were a little wet, and we chickened out. We worked our way to a viewpoint, but we didn't see it as clearly as I would have liked.

Our second stop was Whistling Arch, and our third stop was Angel Windows. These walks were similar concepts. We walked to rock formations with holes naturally punched through.

In addition to our hikes, we stopped at a few viewpoints. Not only did we pursue cliff pictures, but we got a pretty good look at a snake. Unfortunately, I'm only familiar with Garter Snakes.

We didn't have much success with wildlife. During these three hikes, I only noted Gray Squirrels and Turkey Vultures. Like before, I need to look through pictures in hopes of finding an unfamiliar species. For some reason, our guides have not succeeded in finding and identifying all of the birds on our behalf.

UPDATE: I have added pictures to Flickr and my photo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment