Wednesday, February 25, 2015

I'm not important

In the scope of all thing that ever have and will exist, my life could easily be viewed as meaningless. Some people might look at some of my rants, especially on my education blog, and wonder why I bother. Let me try to explain.


I have no reason to believe that what I have personally encountered over the years is exclusive to my life. There are numerous other people and even more from future generations that will have to deal with the same societal flaws that I have seen first hand.

If I have seen America devolve into a conform-or-die nation, why should I assume that such a lifestyle is suitable to our future? If I have gone through a so-called educational system where every single teacher I have ever had was detrimental to my mental well being, why should I assume that no other student will ever be harmed? If I have seen the media successfully manipulate the beliefs and opinions of the general population, why should I assume that future generations will have a reliable source to provide important information in a neutral manner?

The problems that I have targeted with my rants that are quite frankly inadequate is that everybody is dealing with the same deranged world as I am, but nobody is paying any attention. The mindless masses may find the modern world to be adequate, but people are and will continue to suffer as long as we are content with the way things already are.

Who would care about someone as insignificant as I am? I'm completely irrelevant when you look at the bigger picture. This is precisely why I never forgave my teachers for the excessive emotional abuse that pushed me dangerously close to my breaking point. It's not about me. It's about how they continue to treat children.

This is a very scary world, especially from a mental perspective. Things need to change. If they don't, I'm not the one who will suffer. Instead, it will be future generations who will be far more valuable than I am. That's who I care about. That's who you should care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment