Tuesday, July 1, 2014

2014 Road Trip - Diamond Lake to Newberry

It has finally dropped below 85 in this tent. It’s about time I tried to force myself to write today’s entry in my vacation log.


We got a late start this morning. Our campground was on the West side of a lake, and we tend to be early risers. Do I really need to spell this one out?

Our first stop was Footbridge Falls along Paulina Creek. This was followed by Paulina Falls. We also walked on the Big Obsidian Lava Flow.

I realized that we missed a fairly major waterfall, so we backtracked a bit. We went to Salt Creek Falls. Due to the warm weather, we could only justify visiting that waterfall. There were others in the area.

We headed back up toward Newberry and are camping at Prairie. In case you couldn’t tell, the heat has been giving me some problems.

I did not keep counts at any of our stops. I noted that we saw Deer, Steller’s Jays, and Mallards.

No comments:

Post a Comment