Thursday, June 12, 2014

Over-conformity

I have heard that to an extent, conformity is necessary. Fair enough. We should all be willing to adapt to do our part. We should be willing to do important tasks we don't like to do.


That's not how the modern world works. We don't demand that people do what they don't like. We demand that people become who others demand.

Who I am is socially unacceptable. I am an individual. Because of societal backlash, I suppress. I live the life of someone I hate. That's not healthy, and that's not right.

There is no way that I'm alone. There are other individuals out there, and they face the same mistreatment that can lead to a life of hiding.

This has become a social world. We can't survive on our own any more. If people fail to conform to please others, their survival can actually be at risk. That's why I frequently refer to America as a conform-or-die nation. Personally, I would prefer the right for people to be themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment