Saturday, June 21, 2014

Automated sprinkler systems

Don't you hate automated sprinklers? They go on regardless of conditions. As far as I'm concerned, they're wasteful.


Keep in mind that I'm a Washingtonian. I see frequent rain. This is why I hate these sprinklers. I frequently see people watering their lawns in the rain.

I don't mind certain components of these sprinkler systems. I'm not going to complain if people would rather simply turn on their sprinklers to water their entire lawn without having to grab their sprinkler, connect it to the hose, find a spot for it, and periodically move it if they have a large enough lawn. I just don't like them connected to a timer.

Why can't people actually take the time to decide whether or not they feel that their lawn needs watering? Why does it have to be on a timer? It's such a waste to water a rain-soaked lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment