Wednesday, June 25, 2014

2014 Road Trip - Humboldt to Stanislaus

Today was a repositioning day for us. We want to explore Yosemite for the next couple of days. We made a fairly hard push. We have set up camp outside the park at Pines Campground. We paid for two nights, so we should save some time tomorrow. We won’t have to put everything away and then set everything back up.


The 27th will likely be our last day at Yosemite. Since we might make our return up the east side and to Tahoe, we will likely move to the east of the park to continue our road trip.

We only made one real stop. We visited Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park. I had my ultra-wide angle lens and took pictures of some of the history. Unfortunately, I wasn’t planning for wildlife. I completely missed an opportunity to shoot an unfamiliar woodpecker. I unpacked my big lens mid walk and captured a couple other unfamiliar birds.

Before Marshall, we made a pseudo-stop along Clear Lake at Davis Rest Area. From the car, we noticed birds that we had not yet encountered on this trip. On closer look, they were Western Grebes.

In addition to the previously mentioned birds, we saw Crows, Vultures, an Eagle, a Gull, a Lizard, a Robin, a Scrub Jay, and a Pigeon. Due to the nature of today’s trip, don’t expect reports on eBird.

UPDATE 1: I have added pictures from Davis Rest Area.

UPDATE 2: The unfamiliar birds from Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park were an Acorn Woodpecker, a couple Lesser Goldfinches, and a Black Phoebe. I have added pictures from the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment