Saturday, May 10, 2014

Maybe not

Now that I'm done explaining my views on the new generation of video game consoles, I was supposed to resume my Future Stories series. I have been having second thoughts.


Future stories were essentially developed to predict the future in an intentionally corny over-the-top style. The general idea was to magnify real problems that I have seen while making sure that my exaggerations weren't taken as legitimate predictions.

There were always some problems with this idea. Among the more obvious is that it's not always easy to read through corny text. Another was limitations of ideas.

When looking at my list of remaining Future Stories, I'm struggling just to remember what I was going to say. My best topics are already done. My remaining topics would be worse.

I have other posts that I would like to get to some year. It seems that pushing ideas back for the revival of Future Stories is just not worth it. To make things a little more interesting, I have already stated that I am no longer maintaining Rethink exercises in my Mental Exercises blog. This decision came after my last Future Story. Some Rethink concepts could involve looking at how things could or should work in the future. These have been placed in my list of ideas for potential non-future-stories posts.

Future Stories are no more. Looking at my idea list, I have a series of issues regarding our corrupt media that I have been bottling up. It looks like the insanely corrupt media will be the source of my replacement series.

No comments:

Post a Comment