Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Unintentional Creativity

I have heard my share of bizarre errors. I have heard about black-crapped chickadees and the month of Feptebuary. While I have been known to make fun of these mistakes, I have also come up with a way to defend such mistakes.

When my sister made one of these (I believe it was referring to February as Feptebuary), I decided to go easy on her. I let her know that she was “tremendous at unintentional creativity.” I thought that it was an interesting way of referring to her mistake at the time, but she really seemed to latch onto the wording.

The idea behind unintentional creativity is simple. Someone creates a word or phrase when trying to say something else. While these things are generally the results of mental lapses, you can always put a positive spin on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment