Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Everbrown State

I spent some time in Utah. Like all rational people who have visited that uninhabitable wasteland, I hated it. It was absolutely hideous, the people were insincere self-absorbed jerks, and the climate was too dry with more extreme temperatures than I'm used to.




Let me explain the scenery. There are no trees. This means that you see dirt pretty much everywhere you look, even the mountains (if you could see them through the smog). There was heavy pollution. The sky was always brown. Brown , brown, brown. Everywhere I looked.

I'm a Washingtonian. Our state is known as the Evergreen State. Spending time in Utah was a huge contrast. Instead of the green that the Evergreen State provides. I was surrounded by brown. This is why I gave Utah a new nickname. I started referring to it as the everbrown state.

No comments:

Post a Comment