Monday, February 17, 2014

GBBC 2014 Day 4

1-26-30. What does that mean? I ended my fourth and final walk of the Great Backyard Bird Count at 1:26 and had to add 30 Cormorants to my final checklist. I kept repeating these numbers because I didn't dare remove my notes and expose them to some fairly heavy rain.


Four days. I couldn't bring my camera for any of them. I went with the multiple-checklist approach because I felt that it would be dry enough. I was right for the first 7 checklists. Fortunately, I didn't destroy the notes. I extracted everything I needed from all 8 even though the final notes were stored in memory rather than on paper.

I didn't see anything particularly noteworthy, but I did add my first Killdeer and Bewick's Wren of the bird count. My checklists can be found at:

No comments:

Post a Comment