Saturday, February 15, 2014

GBBC 2014 Day 2

For the first time ever, I'm submitting a checklist for the Great Backyard Bird Count that was not at Chambers Creek Properties. I am including a walk at Point Defiance. That didn't keep me from returning to Chambers Creek for another checklist today.


It wasn't easy to spot and identify birds. We had some much needed rain (with more much needed rain in the forecast throughout the bird count) in the area. While I don't mind, my camera does. So do my binoculars. They kept fogging up on me.

I added a few species such as Western Meadowlarks, Eurasian Wigeons, and Chestnut-backed Chickadees. I should point out that I recorded my first Eurasian Collared-Dove ever. This is an invasive species with a rapidly expanding presence throughout the country.

As explained in my Chambers Creek checklist, I only kept a single checklist for that walk due to the weather. That means that along with Point Defiance, I only have two checklists today. They can be found at:

No comments:

Post a Comment