Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Story Pictures

I’m not good with words. I’m sure you can tell with the descriptions for my pictures on Flickr. I usually say what’s in the picture, and that’s it.

There are exceptions. Sometimes I share a picture that I take to share more than just a picture. I refer to these as story pictures. Since the text is part of what I’m sharing, the quality of the picture doesn’t have to be as good for me to justify uploads.

Let me provide some examples. One year, my sister and I visited Grand Teton National Park and bumped into a bear on the trail. The quality of the shot was horrible, but I wanted to share the encounter. I didn’t explain the situation on Flickr, but the story can be found in my Vacation Log.

American Black Bear

I’m going to stick with bears for a moment. I was on an Alaskan Cruise and saw bears that were accompanied by an unnecessary apology.

Brown Bear

More recently, I have expanded the concept of story pictures. I no longer restrict this label to pictures that are connected to short stories. It’s all about text being part of the picture I’m sharing. Sometimes, it’s just a title.

Why did the geese cross the road? Are geese more intelligent than humans? Washington at its ugliest Where's the Blackbird?
Why did the geese cross the road? Are geese more intelligent than humans? Washington at its ugliest Where's the Blackbird?

Perhaps there will be a day in the distant future when I will I will add a set for my story pictures. Until then, there’s always a slim chance (not very often) that you will bump into one of these pictures in my photostream.

No comments:

Post a Comment