Friday, October 12, 2012

The streak is over

We have been dealing with a horrible dry stretch here in the Northwest. After several rounds of light rain today, I think it’s safe to say that the dry weather is finally over!

I took one of my many walks at Chambers Creek Properties today. The forecast was enough to convince me to leave my camera behind. It was probably for the best. At times, we got the moisture that had been eluding us for months. It wasn’t ideal for an electronic device such as a camera, but it was pleasant for walking.

Strange observation: everyone else seemed to be wearing jackets. I was just wearing a normal shirt. The temperatures were mild, and the rain wasn’t very heavy. If I had worn a jacket, I would have had to remove it in order to cool off. What was everyone else thinking? I even removed my hat a few times to help soak up more of the rain. This felt especially nice after our rotten summer that would not end. After returning home, I celebrated by watching a few movies that had rainy scenes.

There’s more rain coming, and I’m not complaining (although Sunday might actually be enough to justify that jacket). The bad weather appears to be over, and I can finally enjoy some overdue walking weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment