Monday, April 9, 2012

Born at the Wrong Time

I have been told that I was born at the wrong time. If I had been born 50 years later, the schools would have failed, and I could have been successful. At least that’s the theory.

We have had the same schooling system without any meaningful changes in the last hundred years or so. If the schools didn’t fail a hundred years ago, I don’t know why we should assume that they will fail in the next 50.

Everything that I have seen seems to point to the continuing deterioration of society. I don’t think that things have ever been worse than they are now. That will change. In many ways, the bright side of being born when I was is that my life comes ahead of the future worst era in history.

You probably already know that I enjoy advancements in technology, but there are reasons that I would give it up. Among those is if I could go back to an era where individuality is tolerated and quality of life is reasonable. Perhaps I was born at the wrong time. Perhaps I was born too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment