Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vacation 2011–Day 7 (Glacier National Park)

We have reached Glacier National Park. Due to a closure of Going-to-the-Sun Road at Avalanche as well as construction along US-2, we settled with Two Medicine Campground. Since today was a long drive, I don’t have a lot to report. Among the sightings are Ground Squirrels, Robins, and Chipmunks. More importantly, our campground appears to be frequented by Mountain Goats. We walked around a bit for pictures. The walk was somewhat awkward since I was wearing river sandals. It didn’t take much for a pebble to find its way to an uncomfortable position. Perhaps I never should have removed my socks. That’s right. I started the day just like one of the characters from the PEMCO commercials. Personally, I don’t mind Washingtonian stereotypes being applied to me.

Mountain Goat
Mountain GoatsColumbian Ground Squirrel
EDIT: I also saw Hawks in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment