Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mankind is Crashing

This post was adapted from something that I had previously written.
I have been having some problems and want to know if anyone can help me. I have a computer, which I have named Mankind, and it has started crashing. I have been using the Society OS. I have never felt that it was very stable, but things seem to get worse as time progresses. I keep pressing the Control+Alt+Delete combination, but Mankind refuses to reboot. I’m ready to resort to a hard reboot, but I thought that I needed some questions answered first. Let me start off by explaining some problems that I have encountered.

I have had a couple of programs that I have been unable to uninstall that I feel have contributed to my problems. For starters, there is a schooling application that seems to launch whenever I open a person file. For some reason, Mankind seems to force every person file to go through the schooling application before I use it elsewhere.

As far as I can tell, the schooling application is designed to ensure that all person files are identical. I have actually opened these files in an editor just to find the same content in each one. Personally, I don’t see the point in having 6 billion identical files.

I have found a few additional person files moved to the Recycle Bin. I think that these are files that the schooling program could not convert. These files are at least showing a different size, so they are probably not corrupted, but I don’t think that I can use them because they will launch the schooling application again. If that’s the case, they will either return them to the recycle bin or corrupt the contents like every other file it touches.

Another problem I have is with the American Government program. This is a program that is always running in the background and looking at everything I do. I actually have a partitioned hard disk. The partition where I do most of my work is named “America.”

The American Government program has essentially locked out other partitions. I recently tried to launch one of my favorite entertainment applications that I had been using for years, Canucks Hockey. It was located in the British Columbia folder of my Canada partition. I received the error message, “A passport is required to access this application.” I have looked into unlocking the passport, but they require a fee and a full system scan to make sure that my software is clean.

First of all, I think that the full system scan is intrusive. On top of that, it makes no sense that I have to pay to access something that was already on my computer and accessible before their system update. To make matters worse, I don’t think that they have a valid argument for creating this requirement. They simply argued that the Terrorist virus would justify this action. I have read about the Terrorist virus. While it has to clear these passport checkpoints, it has ways of obtaining falsified passports. Personally, I feel sorry for those who had already set up a great deal of their contents on another partition. I heard about the Point Roberts setup where they do most of their work in the America partinion, but are still expected to acquire one of these passports to unlock vital contents of their Canada partitions.

Personally, I don’t understand the purpose of the full system scan. I have found logs on my computer that indicate that the American Government is informed each time I launch the Sneeze applet. Whenever I lose my Internet connection, I am told, “Your computer has been locked until connectivity to the American Government application has been restored.” I’m pretty sure that they already know what’s on my computer.
 
I have found one file associated with the American Government called debt.usa that has been growing exponentially ever since it first appeared. Every day that goes by, it gets worse. Eventually, I will have to find more space for this file. I don’t think that there is any question that I would be better off if I could just delete it. Unfortunately, the American Government application insists, “The American Government application requires debt.usa to survive. We will not allow this file to be removed.”

The American Government application even seems to modify my software however it wants. Every time I connect to the mainstream media, I have to deal with this horrible FCC filter. Another time the American Government application intervened was when I typed “Barack Obama” into a word processing document, and my spellchecker suggested “God.” I tried downloading two programs simultaneously from Microsoft and was informed, “Bundling Microsoft products is illegal. Why don’t you use Apple?” Of course, I’m not going to use Apple products. They have been known to exploit the schooling application to force people to buy their products.

While there seems to be no way to turn off the Schooling and American Government applications, there are numerous other flaws. My system registry is a mess. I have entries that are only cluttering up Society’s operations. I have reached a point where excessive entries for Cell Phones, Media Influence, and even Cars are doing more harm to society than good. While using these things responsibly can prove beneficial, these things should be optional rather than mandatory for Society.

I have several options in trying to fix Mankind, and I want help in deciding which approach I should take. The first is a simple reboot. I would keep all of my files, which would be easier in the short term. The problem with this approach is that many of my files are corrupted and a simple reboot won’t fix them.
Should I use my recovery discs? There have been problem with Mankind from the beginning. This would scrap all of Mankind’s progress, but possibly restore Mankind’s strengths. Since there has been so much damage to Mankind, this might actually be in Mankind’s best interest.

Maybe I should try to get files from Mankind before using recovery discs. This would allow system software to have a fresh start, but I could keep files that are the results of Mankind’s work. The concern with this approach is that some of these files are corrupted, and there is always the possibility that something such as Society’s common Propaganda virus could be embedded in one of these files.

Since many components are clearly dated, maybe a new version of Mankind needs to be created from scratch. Mankind’s processing power, for example, seems to be non-existent. Mankind as it already is may not be worth saving. If we take this approach, we could give Mankind the proper tools that would allow Society to operate properly. We could still move files over, but I personally would not want to contaminate a fresh install with corrupted data.

Maybe I shouldn’t even bother. Maybe I should just give up on the idea that Mankind will ever work. Maybe I should abandon any attempts to fix anything.

Please help me figure out what is in Mankind’s best interests. I have summarized the options below. I would appreciate any comments.

Hard Reboot of Mankind
This is the easiest approach. I would simply give Mankind a quick jolt, but the problems would essentially be ignored. Things would likely continue to deteriorate.
Restore from recovery disks
This would allow Mankind to return to a point in the past. We would lose progress beyond that point, but we would also lose a lot of the problems
Restore from recovery disks and use copied files
This would allow Mankind to return to a point in the past. We would be able to keep some of our progress beyond that point, but corrupted files could bring back some of the problems.
Rebuild Mankind from scratch
This would scrap everything that was created since Mankind was built. It is unlikely that things would be anywhere near as bad since we will have eliminated the corrupted files.
Rebuild Mankind from scratch and use copied files
This would scrap everything that was created since Mankind was built. It is unlikely that things would be anywhere near as bad since we will have eliminated the corrupted files, but can keep our greatest additions. I personally fear that any files brought over would carry the corruption that a fresh install of Society is supposed to prevent.
Give up. Mankind will never work.
This would make my life a lot easier. While I hate to think that Mankind is a lost cause, I don’t see any evidence to the contrary.





















No comments:

Post a Comment