Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vacation 2011–Day 12

We didn’t see a whole lot in Banff National Park today. We were limited to Robins and Ravens before crossing the continental divide into Cascadia and Yoho National Park.

Our stay in Yoho was not long lived. While there, we saw Ravens and Marmots. Our primary objective was the waterfalls of Yoho Valley. As we hiked further into the valley, the weather constantly got wetter. When I first saw moisture on my camera, we probably should have turned back. I didn’t even say anything. When we reached Laughing Falls, I knew that my camera was getting too wet. Unfortunately, the decision to turn back was too late. Right now, I am having problems turning on my camera. The last time that it turned on, it couldn’t read, write, or format with a fresh memory card. Perhaps the realization that I was going to replace it anyway next year justified recklessness. Regardless, I haven’t taken any pictures since that trail, and we still have some vacation time ahead of us.

Laughing Falls
Takakkaw FallsPoint Lace FallsYoho River
Now that I have deviated from my log, where was I? That’s right. Yoho was just a stopping point for us. We continued to Glacier National Park. We set up camp at Illecillewaet. After our tent was up, we visited another National Park, Mount Revelstoke. We walked two short trails, Skunk Cabbage Trail and a trail at the base of the mountain. I should point out that we walked through the Skunk Cabbage twice. Our sightings included a Frog, Crows, Hummingbirds, and Sparrows.
Columbia Tiger Lily
Edit: We also saw Sparrows at Yoho.

No comments:

Post a Comment